… to gardening in the Garden of England.
The village of Marden has hosted a local society for enthusiastic gardeners since the 1920s. Today, the Marden Horticultural Society carries on this tradition with a thriving membership of over 100, and a packed calendar of events thoughout the year:
- Monthly meetings (except July and August) in the Vestry Hall with interesting speakers including some well-known names.
- Annual Plant Sale in May with nursery and home-grown plants – a great opportunity to stock up for the summer.
- Sunday cream teas in members’ gardens during the Summer.
Proceeds go to charity.
- Annual coach trip to an RHS garden and several other outings to places of interest during the year.
- We hold members’ competitions and award four trophies a year: Vase of Spring Flowers; Plate of Produce; Seasonal Table Decoration: Caryn Bird Trophy (Photographic Competition)
Whether you are new to gardening or have been wielding a trowel for 50+ years, you will find something to interest you and a warm welcome. Details of how to join us are on the menu above.
The society is affiliated to the Kent Federation of Horticultural Societies and also the Royal Horticultural Society.