Sadly, along with many other societies, we are having to cancel our meetings, visits and the plant sale, until further notice.
Our members are busy working in and enjoying their gardens in the lovely weather that has accompanied the lockdown, but we are all missing meeting and being together. So to share our gardens we have asked our members to send in pictures for us all to enjoy – an online Garden Safari. Click on the links below…
JAN OTTLEY’S GARDEN
The village of Marden has hosted a local society for enthusiastic gardeners since the 1920s. Today, the Marden Horticultural Society carries on this tradition with a thriving membership of over 100, and a packed calendar of events thoughout the year:
- Monthly meetings (except July and August) in the Vestry Hall with interesting speakers including some well-known names.
- Annual Plant Sale in May with nursery and home-grown plants – a great opportunity to stock up for the summer.
- Sunday cream teas in members’ gardens during the Summer.
Proceeds go to charity.
- Annual coach trip to an RHS garden and several other outings to places of interest during the year.
- We hold members’ competitions and award four trophies a year: Vase of Spring Flowers; Plate of Produce; Seasonal Table Decoration: Caryn Bird Trophy (Photographic Competition)
Whether you are new to gardening or have been wielding a trowel for 50+ years, you will find something to interest you and a warm welcome. Details of how to join us are on the menu above.
The society is affiliated to the Kent Federation of Horticultural Societies and also the Royal Horticultural Society.